Blinds NZ > Product Help > Piggybacking
Up to 4 roller blinds can be piggybacked together to allow them to be operated by a single control – either chain operation or electric motor operation
The main reasons for piggybacking are:
1. The operating chains on a group of standard blinds may hang in an inconvenient position, such as a hard to reach corner or in the middle of a sliding door.
2. Electric motorised blinds are expensive, and where there is a group, the cost can be reduced by using one motor to operate more than one blind.
3. The gap between blinds is a little less than for regular roller blinds.
Points to note when piggybacking:
· Piggybacking is available with Acmeda and Large chain drive and motorised drive hardware.
· The blind with the operating controls must be at the left or right end of the group of blinds. It cannot be one of the centre blinds.
· Be very accurate when measuring. Provide overall as well as individual widths.
· The total area of all blinds should not exceed 14 square metres for 2 & 3 blind combinations, and 10 square metres for 4 blind combinations.
· Where the area of chain-operated blinds is over 4 square metres, a helper spring is required to reduce the load on the controls.
· Allow extra time for installing. Larger windows may not be perfectly level, and brackets may have to be packed to allow for this. As well as this, the blinds have to be adjusted so that they all line up.
· For a variety of reasons, piggybacked blinds may roll up at slightly different rates. This means that whilst they will line-up properly when fully lowered, they will not line up when raised.
· There is a 20mm gap between the fabric edges of each blind. This may vary from top to bottom if the blinds are not installed perfectly level.
· Although a maximum of 4 blinds may be connected together, for practical purposes it is recommended that no more than 3 blinds are piggybacked.
Welcome to NZ Blinds – we are a 100% New Zealand owned supplier of quality New Zealand made Roller Blinds, Venetian Blinds, and Vertical Blinds. We also supply imported world-class Shutters, Honeycomb Blinds and Wooden Venetian Blinds.
Born from 30 years involvement in the window covering industry, we are your first choice in buying blinds online.
48 HOURS TO
CHANGE YOUR MIND
If you decide that the blind you have purchased isn’t the right one for you or you have made a mistake with your measurements, you have 48 hours to change the order.
Just send us an email and we will sort it out with you.
The maximum width for one roller blind is 3000mm. We do however, provide a 2 in one solution for openings greater than 3000mm.
On the "Build My Blind" page:
Best Products at very competitive prices. Nationwide and to the Pacific Islands Close